This article describes a NIWA QGIS prototype plugin ("REC2") to enable simple upstream and downstream search on the New Zealand River Network (also called "River Environment Classification, version 2").
- Have QGIS and the "REC2" plugin installed.
- Click REC2 -> Setup -> OK; REC network will be displayed
- Zoom to area of interest
- Click REC2->Upstream/Downstream Search; and click on select reach button
- Click on Reach on Network
- Click "Search Upstream" or "Search downstream" - the traced reaches will be added as new layers