|Table of Contents|
How can I get access to teamwork.niwa.co.nz and/or tracking.niwa.co.nz ?
Answer: go to https://um.niwa.co.nz/ and register. See full instructions below. Then you will need to have final access approved by appropriate person for the project/space you are trying to access.
How can I get access to the HPCF?
Answer: go to https://um.niwa.co.nz/ and register and request subscription to HPCF - NeSi, "Fitzroy", High Performance Computing Facility. See full instructions below.
How can I get access to NIWA's other Online Applications?
See registration and subscription instructions below.
- Cemcar NIWA climate observers' data entry service
- Eharvest Monitoring service for NZ shellfish industry
- Environment Information Browser for Freshwater Biodata Information, Freshwater Chemistry, Marine Biodata Information
- METPI Multi-model Ensemble Tool for Pacific Islands
- NEMO Upload
- Estuary Toolkit
- NZ Freshwater Fish Database
- Past Interpretation of Climate Tool
- Solarview Estimates the solar energy collected by a solar panel
- TAD Taxa Attribute Database Management System
For External Users
Some of NIWA’s online applications or services require you to register with NIWA.
- Click on the “Register” link on the application’s Sign In page, or go direct to https://um.niwa.co.nz/. Click “Register” to open the Registration form.
- Work your way down the Registration form, entering the requested details. Those marked with a red asterisk are required fields.
Subscribe to Services
- Near the end of the form is a list of NIWA’s services that require subscription. For some of these you only need to subscribe and, once your registration is complete, you will have access to the service. For others you need to subscribe and then be approved for access to the service – those with “Requires approval”.
- Select the services to which you wish to subscribe.
- If you have selected any that require approval please enter details of your use of the service in the “Purpose of use” box. For example, if you wish to access CEMCAR you could enter your station name/network number to assist the administrator in recognizing who you are, and which station they should assign to you.
- Having entered all your details click “Create” to create your account.
- If there are any problems with the details entered, messages will be displayed on the form to assist you to correct those details. Having made any requested corrections, click “Create” again.
- If all details are OK, you will see a message confirming your account has been created and indicating to which services you have subscribed or requested subscription.
- You will then be sent an email to complete the registration process. Click on the link in the email to complete your registration.
- If you subscribed to a service that did not require approval you should now be able to access that service.
- If you subscribed to a service that requires approval an email, prompted by your registration, will have been sent to the administrator for that service. The administrator may contact you direct if they require any further information.
- You should receive an email within a few days indicating if you have been confirmed or rejected as a subscriber to the service.
- If confirmed you should then be able to access that service.
Maintaining your account and subscriptions
- If you want to change any of your account details or change your NIWA subscriptions you can return to https://um.niwa.co.nz/, sign in, and change your details or subscriptions.
If you forget your password or username
- Go to https://um.niwa.co.nz/ and click on the link Forgotten your password?
- Enter the email address entered for your account and click button Send.
- An email will be sent to you confirming your username and providing instructions for updating your password.
Still having problems?
Please log a job with our servicedesk
For Internal Users
If you are a NIWA employee you do not need to register for an external account. You normal NIWA username and password can allow you access to NIWA's online external applications.