On 04 April 2013 the FIFM project team held a webinar to provide an update the project including demonstrating the OMS3 framework under on-going development by the US Department of Agriculture and Colorado State University, results of preliminary testing of OMS3 in a New Zealand context, and discussion of where to from here with the current project and model interoperability in general in New Zealand.
Below are links to the presentations given, a recording of the webinar, a list of potential topics for future sessions, and a list of participants.
Presentations (all MS Powerpoint presentations)
- Introduction and Agenda (Val Snow, AgResearch)
- Project Review and Progress to Date (Sandy Elliott, NIWA)
- OMS3 History and Applications (Olaf David, Colorado State University)
- (Gabi Turek, NIWA, and Simon Guest, AgResearch)
- OMS3 Example Application: WATYIELD OMS3 Implementation (Trevor Knopp, Alistair Ritchie, Alex Herzig, and Daniel Rutledge, Landcare Research)
Recording of the Webinar
(Meeting ID: 6197, PIN probably not required: 5555)
Potential Topics for Future Sessions
- Big data
- Component interface – starting from scratch
- Deployment - What is the consequence of having something as a web service
- End user applications
- How variants of a model are put together and then deployed – different user interfaces
- Multi-time scale modelling
- Model delivery and utilities
- OMS3 & .Net operability
- OMS3 Technical Session (i.e. more on the guts of OMS3)
- Web services/OMS3 best practices
List of Participants
Note: Not all participants were present for the entire webinar and some participants might not have been noted.
|By Last Name||Organisations Represented|