How to access NIWA systems remotely
A number of NIWA services are available to staff from outside of NIWA. Please use the links below.
Webmail - A web-based view into your NIWA Outlook mailbox, calendar, and contacts.
- A recent browser (Internet Explorer 8+, Google Chrome and Firefox recommended).
Easy access to QuickHelp - Want to access the Quickhelp video training product from home or on the road, just click here
Warning - do not use this mode to edit confluence pages - if you need to edit pages, use the "Full access" below instead.
- You must be a Permanent Staff.
- A recent browser (Internet Explorer 8+ and Firefox recommended).
Full access - Launch the VPN client software to provide access as if you're within the NIWA network(access your drives and files).
- You must be a Permanent Employee.
- You must use a NIWA issued laptop.
- Your Antivirus definitions must be Up-to-Date.
- Your computer must have an enabled firewall.
- Your OS must be Windows 7 or greater and you must have the latest security patches applied.
I need help! Some thing's not working! Your computer doesn't meet the security requirements.
A handy guide on how to fix these issues is here.
If you are still unable to connect and need urgent assistance, please phone the Service Desk onIf you're overseas, please consider any time difference before dialing. For less-urgent (usually next-day) response, please email .
I'm an external user and I'm having issues accessing NIWA web services
You will find relevant information on the External Users Help page.